How to Measure Your Windows
Exact or recess - which window blind will be right for my window?
You can choose to have your window blind made to fit the inside of the recess of your window or it can hang on the outside.
Exact : This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to hang outside the window recess. We will make your blind exactly to these measurements.
Recess : This is the measurement you need to take if you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. We will make your blind to fit into the recess perfectly. There's no need for you to make any adjustments.
Two simple steps to a recess measurement
Follow these instructions if you want your blind to hang inside the window recess:
- 1. Measure the width of the recess from wall to wall in three places. Note down the shortest measurement - this is the one we'll use.
- 2. Measure the drop by taking the measurement from the top of the recess to the window sill in three places. Note down the shortest measurement.
Important note: You do NOT need to make any adjustments to the width or length of your blind measurements, we will make all the necessary adjustments for you.
Two simple steps to an exact measurement
Follow these instructions if you want your blind to hang outside the window recess:
- 1. Measure the exact width of where you'd like your blind to be. Note down the measurement.
- 2. Measure the exact drop from the top of where you want your blind to be to the bottom. Note down the measurement.
Important note: When measuring for Roller blinds we have to allow for fittings at either end of the blind, as there is no headrail. This means the actual fabric is approximately 2.8cm less for an exact me
asurement and 3.3cm less for a recess measurement. You don't need to make this adjustment, we do.
Measuring Louvres only
There is no need to measure your window when replacing your louvres simply measure the length of one of your current louvres (this is the drop), this measurement will always need to be exact. You don't need to worry about the width of your louvres as we only supply standard 89mm and 127mm width louvres.
What you will need:
A tape measure. Metal ones are the best!
A pen and piece of paper
- Take all your measurements in centimetres (cm) to the nearest 0.1cm.
- Always look out for things like window handles or tiles. You'll need to take their position into account to ensure a perfect fit.
- All our blinds can be fitted into the face of your window frame or wall, or into the top of the lintel. This gives you complete control over the positioning of your blind.
- If you have any questions about measuring your window, call 0800 7837001 and ask Bob